Road Safety Management
- Review and improvement recommendations for current practices and procedures – Focus on 5 Road Safety areas
- Licensing norms advisory
- Traffic Enforcement
- Safer Infrastructure Facilities
- Awareness & Education
- Emergency Care Facilities
- Capacity building and transfer of knowledge to stakeholders on road safety, including international best-practice, ITS, Safe Systems Approach etc
- Strategic support for road safety management for developing a realistic and economic improvements based on international best-practice.
- Multi-stakeholder processes for road safety management arrangements, operations, procedures, institutional and legal framework etc.
- Reviewing State road safety policy, and the development of its adoption plan.
Safe Corridor Demonstration Program
- Safety review on Engineering, Enforcement, Education & Emergency care on safe corridor stretch
- Crash Analysis, Black spot identification, Use data and research to understand crashes and risks along the stretch
- Recommendations for safe system infrastructure Elements, Enforcement strategies to encourage compliances etc.
- Development of training materials and Training of Trainers (Police, MVD, Doctors, Nurses etc)
- Developing communication strategies and Community engagement
- Monetoring and Evaluation Plan development and implementation
Road safety research, studies, surveys
- Site level assessment, stakeholder analysis, Fact finding surveys
- Administrative data, secondary data research
- Transect walk, Community consultations
- Participatory road safety appraisal
- Road user surveys, direct observation survey research
- Expert reviews, focus group discussion, road safety seminars
Road Safety audit & engineering counter measures on roads-
- Taking a role to play in providing a ‘safer’ infrastructure for all road users.
- Adopt good practices in safe road infrastructure design under local situation
- Perform Road safety auditing in all stages of road development - on road planning stage, design stage, construction stage, maintenance and operating stage
- Capacity building to enhance safety engineering expertise
Safety Enforcement- Advisory services
- Enforcement strategy development under local situation
- Integrating technology into enforcement system
- Adopt Scientific methods for crash investigation and reconstruction
- Capacity building for traffic enforcement
- Development of trauma protocol and emergency response system:
- For developing Pre hospital trauma care support to reduce: morbidity, validity and mortality and increasing the quality of EMS
- Technical support for procurement of equipment’s and upgradation of trauma care centers
- Basic life support training for first responders and trauma related training for individuals/groups managing trauma care
- Communication and activation of the system to ensure efficient mobilization of health care resources
Participatory approach on road safety- Community engagement“Engage right people in the right way, to make a big difference.”
- Citizens network for road safety
- Identifying genuine stakeholders within communities for key issues and target groups
- Coordination of community based ‘grass-roots’ road safety interventions
- Understand local stakeholder’s requirements and Formulate most effective road safety actions, formalize local road safety plan.
- Identify strength, resources and limitations of stakeholders to execute a local road safety plan.
- To build mutually respectful, beneficial and lasting relationships with stakeholders.
- To define the roles and responsibilities of community groups for local road safety action.
- Create a regional level stakeholder relation for local community groups.
- To develop a systematic method for monitoring and evaluating grassroots community networking and reporting.
Safe system for Children
- The safety of students depends on how much practice the child has had in the 'real traffic
environment’, how much safe it is to travel to and from the school and how much the road
and traffic system ensures a safety environment. Traffic environment, travel conveyances
and user's attitudes are crucial in keeping a safe environment around the schools.
We cover following key road safety elements;
- Children’s attitude towards road safety- user behavior
- Safe travel to and from the school- Students transport safety
- Effectiveness of traffic environment- Safety design, traffic safety enforcement
Road safety Communication and campaign strategies
- Road safety website development
- Road safety branding and development
- Road safety community based events and programs
- Social media campaigns
- Multi Stakeholders coordination
- Developing community partnerships & Public information system
- Online, print, visual media communications
- Development of road safety character, caricatures , animations etc.